Did you know the whole organization of the World Championships is made up of volunteers? And would you like to join this great team and make a difference? Volunteer at the World Championships 2023!
Share your talents
We are looking for enthusiastic people who want to dedicate themselves to our sport event. Without volunteers no World Championships! You can join our team along with hundreds of other enthusiasts of all nationalities to create this grandest of sport events. Before, during and after the event your contribution will be vital. You will make it the best experience for horses, riders, officials, visitors, press and of course the other volunteers. Do you want to volunteer at the World Championships for Icelandic horses 2023? Great! We need people with all type of talents and background. What would you like to do?
Vacancies for volunteers
PR & Communications
Control access various passages
Host for the guests, monitor the campgrounds
Entrance check and InfoPoint
Host for our visitors, control access to the grandstands
Maintain the World Championships grounds
Host for all volunteers
Work in the press tent or join our comm team on socials
Versatile job, could be any sort of task
Keep people smiling by maintaining clean lavatories
Ensuring everyone’s safety (age 18+, 24/7 work schedule )
Host for the riders and grooms, monitor the stables, verify people coming in (age 18+, 24/7 work schedule )
Support for all the equipment and building on site
Host our parking zones, monitor traffic
Take care of our volunteers who are tied to their working zone
- Enthusiasm and team spirit
- Work with a smile, hospitable attitude
- A happy representative of the WC2023
- Sense of responsibility
- Flexible attitude
- Available before, during and/or after the WC2023 and commit to your dates
- Speak your languages (for some tasks it is necessary that you speak and understand Dutch, English and/or German)
What we offer
- The chance to contribute to the World Championships!
- To be part of the best team: nice colleagues and a great working atmosphere
- Free food and drinks on your working days
- A free camping spot at the Volunteers’ Campsite
- Free admission to the volunteers grandstand
- Work experience in an international environment
- A spectacular after party on Monday August 14, 2023
Construction phase: July 17 to August 7, 2023
Final preparations of terrain and track start now. That’s why we’re looking for a lot of volunteers who can help us set everything up. We also need people with organizational skills for the secretariat, which is in full swing.
Event: August 7 until 13, 2023
Show time! Everything is set=up, we are on a roll! Many things will happen all at once. We need a lot of (wo)manpower to do this. Join us and make sure these are the best World Championships yet!
Deconstruction phase: August 14 until 20, 2023
Time to take it all down. We clean up the area and deconstruct the temporary buildings. During this phase we need a lot of people, so we can clear in a short amount of time and get the area back to it’s original state: and Icelandic horse farm.